Recently I shopped high and low for curtains long enough for our 10' ceilings...and not navy or white. I wanted a bold print that was fun and interesting. It rarely goes well when I create a design plan before I shop because I can never find what I've created in my mind! It is so frustrating. This day brought ooey goodness and delight! I was wandering in Target circling for the millionth time hoping to miraculously find something striking and awesome. I was complaining in my mind, "Why do they make shower curtains so bold and colorful? Why can't they just make what I want???". So rude, I know. (I don't usually write all that I think..need some censoring) Anyway, at this point I'm staring at the shower curtains wishing they would become curtain curtains when the wheels started turning. Aha! Let's just cut these babies in half, sew them back together, and voila- 10' curtains with a pattern! ...CHEAP!
Small print: Then I had to call Nana and beg her to teach me to sew. She graciously obliged only frowning a little. It was a really fun and easy experience. If I can sew these, truly, anyone can! I am seriously the 5' girl who glues my hem because I can't tie a knot in the thread in order to sew even a button.
We surprised Grey with a room makeover- his was the first done in the house! He loved it. Isn't the light fun? Sigh...oh how lights inspire!
No comments:
Post a Comment