..either way we still eat
Does it mean I have it together if I have a menu? It feels a little better to have one but I don't think that is really the truth, so I just relax when I don't have one. To my other mamas, do you have guilt and stress over feeding your family as I do? (Grey is watching me and he just pointed to the question mark and asked, "what is that mystery right there?". lol...let's just laugh at the funny stuff and let go of the not-so-important-stuff). Anyways, I haven't had a menu in quite a few weeks...we ate...I just don't remember what. We lived life and the eating just happened. Well I have a menu for the next two weeks! yay!!!! I feel so prepared and good about that. It is so nice to come home and have a plan and ingredients to eat something at home. We tend to eat out if there isn't a plan. I feel like it is my responsibility to feed my family well, but it is probably my greatest challenge even over school and marriage and parenting and work. I just really struggle with it, but for whatever reason it is really important to me and I want to excel. I enjoy seeing your menu ideas when you post.
Well here is the plan...we dont' always stick to it.
Week of March 26th:
Saturday: Beef Fajitas
Sunday: Lunch- Grilled Chicken with strawberry and pineapple salsa with asparagus and salad (Beth and Danny are coming over to celebrate Joshua's birthday!)
BLT's for supper
Monday: Spaghetti
Tuesday: Chicken Stir Fry with homemade sauce (out of the freezer- so yummy)
Wednesday: Shrimp Parmesan with noodles
Thursday: Roast with carrots, onions, and potatoes
Friday: Eat out
It's Spring Break baby!!!!!
Some items to choose from this week:
Wings with sweet potato fries and salad
Herb Crusted Chicken with Risotto
Lemon Pepper Pork Chops
Country Fried Steak
and probably just easy stuff like hot dogs and breakfast for supper
You can find us playing on the trampoline, in the sandbox, or drawing with chalk in the driveway!!! Come join us.
2 comments:
Don't stress so much over meals...the fellowship of meal time is the best part no matter what the actual meal is. In my house...my husband does all the cooking! We also have such a busy schedule that I am blessed that he takes on that responsibility.
Noticeably absent from your list: peeps. Not sure if thats just an oversight or maybe you were in a hurry when you created the menus...i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Regardless, I would strongly recommend peeps for any meal (scrambled eggs & peeps, ham & peeps sandwich, peepburgers, macaroni & peeps, peep la'range, grilled chicken with a lucious peep marinade, etc...)
Post a Comment