This blog is to help all of our friends who live far away keep in touch. We are a busy family, but we love Jesus and love each other. We simply enjoy the journey!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Searching
There is so much to say, I don't know where to begin. My thought is...God. He is all encompassing and mesmerizing. I can't relent in my search for Him, yet sometimes he seems so out of reach. I am in awe how He is able to grab my attention even though my deep desire is never quenched. I just want to be immersed in His presence. I can't find contentment right now. He is everywhere and sometimes He is no where that I look. Why is it that I look in the wrong places first? I can search all that is around me and in front of me but it is in the quiet that I meet Him. Then I say that I can't see Him or feel Him but then I look at my life and He is there. My emotions fail me, but He is there. Strong. Faithful. He is always there. Why has He stripped me of all that I serve? Does He want to meet with me? This is my all time favorite verse/story in the Bible...probably because it find myself alone in desert often (by my own doing usually). "Therefore I am now going to allure her: I will lead her to the desert and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. There she will sing as in the days of her youth". Why do I always beg to get out of the desert when it is in the desert that Christ speaks tenderly to me? I hope that He will one day allow me to sing again. The next time that I sing it will be with my heart. There is no other way to worship Him. "God, rock my world"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment