Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Shake the Toddler

Whoo, I am so happy for bedtime some days. Grey dropped to one nap a day but it is all he and I can handle! I consider myself a well informed loving mother...actually I love being a mom and think Grey loves having me as his mom! haha However.....(drum roll) there are moments when I want to shake the toddler! I never had that temptation when Grey was an infant despite all the warnings, etc...I need a warning now. My child tells me what cup he wants to use, what shirt he wants to wear, what chair he wants to sit in, and and (listen to this!) which direction to go on the road...yes from his car seat in the back seat. I did say CAR SEAT, didn't I? My not even 2 year old is telling me how to DRIVE!!!! Can someone tell me I'm normal please? I should be thrilled that he is exploring and branching out- using his personality and curiosity...but I'm not. It is so exhausting. He so sweetly requests with manners that I read him a tory...20 times a day. The s is left off intentionally :) He is absolutely irresistible...why can't he just be content to watch tv like those bad kids! ha The funniest thing to me is wherever we are (church, etc) if we have to sit on the potty, I can recite our potty book by heart and so can he....it works like a charm...He can pee anywhere! Well, this sums up my deep feelings of the day. Despite my selfish, tired impatience, when we are taking a bath and Grey's eyelashes are heavy with water, he looks up at me with a sloppy grin and my heart falls in love all over again. Lord, when I don't get enough sleep please give me a gentle spirit. You are always loving toward us.

No comments: