Thursday, October 2, 2008

Imagination Blast Off!








This entry is to share Grey's recent bubble of imagination. I was in the living room folding the recently dried clothes when I hear, "Mommy, I'm in the airplane" Grey was in the dryer! He was so cute and truly believed he was flying the airplane, then my little pilot had to eat lunch, which he described at "belicious!". A couple of evenings ago, we sat down to eat supper and Grey said "blessing mommy?", so we folded our hands and said the blessing. He has never shown much interest in the blessing before. Afterwards, he clasped his hands and asked, "like this Mommy?". Then he said, "do it again!" So we blessed the food twice. Since he is 2 and we have to do all things 20 times, I was thankful we only said the blessing 2 times! Tucking Grey in, Josh said "Jesus loves you Grey" and he said "Jesus loves me. I am special". It's sinking in! Don't get too mushy though because on another night, when he wasn't feeling as generous, I tried to strike a cleaning deal. I said, "deal?" and he was quick to reply, "no deal, Mommy, no deal". Josh and I could hardly contain our laughter!


Last Sunday, Grey helped me prepare food for the youth group. When he dropped something, he said "sorry bout that"! How funny.

Right now, everything that makes noise outside is a peacock. I have no idea why...I didn't even know peacocks made noise! On our way to school Tuesday, Grey was pointing out the window at nothing in particular when he suddenly exclaimed, "Bicycle!" A few seconds later, "Lollipop, haircut!" Then he died laughing. He thinks everything is hilarious. He makes yummy tea in his sandbox, but makes sure I know it is pretend. He told me the berry he was holding this morning was a pretend lollipop but then he took a bite out of it! yikes. He makes roads out of my shoes...lots and lots of shoes. I am so tired of picking up my shoes, but it is too fun to make him stop.

One last story...Grey told me that I was irresistible while we were playing, because I tell him that regularly. I was texting Josh to tell him that Grey called me that great word. As I'm texting, I was sounding out the word to spell it, and Grey finished it for me "ible". I thought that was pretty neat!

His big word right now is "awesome". Have no idea where he gets that! :) wink. Imagination is so much fun, even if it is boy stuff!


1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

too cute. that's awesome! ;)