This entry is in pink, because that's a girl color and this is all about me! This week I have cried my eyes out, been rescued by my knight, then let off the hook. Maybe I was overreacting to failing my midterm, but turns out, the computer graded it wrong. Somehow, even hindsight, doesn't make me feel bad for screaming and crying about a 67!
Why does everything has to be so crazy in life? Rick Warren described life, not as peaks and valleys, but as a two way railroad track. We are always either just coming out of a trial, in the middle of a trial, or getting ready to go into one. Life constantly changes and teaches. Happiness is not the goal, but my goal is Christ-likeness in character. Lord, make that true in my life! I would love to be in a place where my circumstances are not all that I can see. The Lord is in all things. His ways are good and my ways are...NOT!
God has opened my eyes this week to one way I perceive myself. It isn't pretty. I didn't ask Him to reveal this ugliness to me, but somehow He thought it time for me to see. The truth is God loves me (or doesn't love me) not for my broken glass, shattered dreams, and hopelessness. He loves me because He created me. He sees me white because Jesus died for me. When will I believe? I want to see others as He has graciously seen me...without judgement and blame. With a pure heart. I don't want to constantly compete to be enough or to be above who I think I am. I am who God says I am and I don't need to work for worthiness of those claims. whew. I sigh with relieve and now I have to get back to life...it is called laundry! Oh! Before I quit, I want to share about my knight. He's no secret...He is my adoring husband. I love him so much and am so thankful for his sensitive heart and gentle words. I love when God uses him to reflect true, unconditional love. Hmm..mmm feels good.
No comments:
Post a Comment