This has been my first summer at home with Grey and I am so thankful for it. I still like to be productive and use every moment. The boys are feeling a little cramped with me at home! While I was working full time in my internships they got accustomed to having summer days to lounge and do boy stuff. They have a man fridge that I am not allowed to use and they have lazy morning routines. That all changed when I broke in the man fridge because I was thirsty and got Grey off the couch to play and "do something!". In all seriousness I try to respect the manliness they need and when Grey looks a little bored I let him pull a very exciting activity out of the "summer jar of activities!". I created it in my boredom. It is categorized by color: purple= expensive (only about 5 of those in the jar), yellow= not too much money, and green= free. Grey resisted at first because he is so cool, but he secretly loves it and has even started to ask to pull ideas out! Oh yea, who is the cool mom now??

Another easy but fun activity I dragged Grey into was creating a summer calendar. Actually he was really excited about this idea. He worked so hard on it. He wrote the numbers in June and July all by himself. I guess I won't worry about his fine motor skills anymore! The calendar has filled up with funness since we made it. Each night we put a glow-in-the-dark star on the completed day. ooh!
We've created a jungle diorama, been to Dollywood, made popsicle ice cubes, made lemon juice art, and journaled along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment